Easy Canned Salmon Mediterranean Salad is a family favorite! Full of freshly chopped vegetables and a creamy dill lemon mayonnaise dressing! This colorful, healthful salmon salad is a perfect meal prep recipe.
My Family Experience with Canned Salmon Salad
My husband wanted to call this Canned Salmon Salad Key Biscayne Beach Salad as it was a fam favorite growing up in Miami. Mom would whip this up and put it in a large glass jar. We would place it in the cooler full of ice and eat it with crackers on the beach after swimming. I remember dipping into it with Saltine Crackers or Pita Bread. Yum! It brings back beautiful memories of swimming and a young and innocent time. Nowadays, I make this simple healthy lunch for my family. I can prep this on Sunday and have something ready for several days.
I love eating Salmon for its healthy heart friendly Omega 3 fat. According to American Family Physicians “Fatty fish, such as salmon and tuna, and fish oil are rich sources of the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid”.
Salmon and all Seafood are anti-inflammatory and delicious. This recipe with all the fresh vegetables is perfect for a Mediterranean Diet.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS EASY SALMON SALAD
- Salmon – I used Wild Planet Wild, Alaskan Salmon. It’s sustainably sourced and delicious. My niece just got her Master’s in Sustainability and has made me aware of Sustainably Sourced Seafood.
- Vegetables – I added crunchy vegetables such as Red Peppers, Cucumbers, Red Onions, Celery, and Carrots.
- Fresh Herbs – Delicious Fresh Chopped Dill
- Dressing – Dijon Mustard, Sir Kensington Mayonnaise, Lemon, and Cracked Pepper add a creaminess and zest!
These healthy, tasty ingredients would be delicious as a Tuna Salad or an Egg Salad.
HOW TO MAKE THE DRESSING FOR THE SALMON SALAD
- Mix Lemon, Mayonnaise, and Dijon Mustard with Fresh Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, and Fresh Chopped Dill in a small bowl until smooth and creamy!
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE CANNED SALMON SALAD
- Place all the chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add the creamy salad dressing and chopped Dill.
- Add drained Canned Salmon. We used Wild Planet Canned Salmon.
- Toss until well combined.
SERVING IDEAS FOR EASY CANNED SALMON MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
- I love dipping crackers in the Salmon Salad as I did as a child.
- Salmon Salad is delicious in a pita pocket.
- Serve layered in a jar with greens and vinaigrette.
- Heaped over mixed greens.
- Stuffed into a tortilla with avocado and tomato.
- Eat Salmon Chopped Salad in a Butter Lettuce Cup for a Paleo Style Meal.
ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS FOR INGREDIENTS
- You can use Parsley if you don’t have access to Dill.
- I used 1/2 cup of Red Onion. If you don’t like Red Onions, Chopped Spring Onions or Yellow Onions would work.
- You could substitute Greek Yoghurt for the Mayonnaise, but it will change the flavor.
- You can also use this Recipe for Canned Tuna.
- You can also use Olive Oil Mayonnaise or any Mayonnaise of choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
I love this recipe with canned Wild Planet Albacore Tuna or any good quality Canned Tuna.
I have made this Salmon Salad with Fresh Baked Salmon and with Halibut. It’s delicious!
Yes! Canned Salmon has the Omega 3 fats and vitamins such as Vitamin D that Fresh Salmon offers. I love that it’s so easy to make.
MORE DELICIOUS SALADS FROM THE BLOGPrint
Easy Canned Salmon Mediterranean Salad
Easy Canned Salmon Mediterranean Salad is a family favorite! Full of healthy chopped vegetables and a creamy fresh dill lemon mayonnaise dressing!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad Recipes
- Method: Chopped Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean Diet
- Diet: Gluten Free
2 Cans of Wild Canned Salmon without bones
1/2 cup Chopped Red Onion
1 cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
1 cup Shredded or Chopped Carrots
1 cup Chopped Celery Hearts
1 cup Chopped deseeded Cucumber
Juice of 1/2 Lemon – approximately 1 Tablespoon
1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill
1/2 cup Mayonnaise – I used Sir Kensington
1 Heaping Tablespoon Dijon Mustard – I used Grey Poupon
Salad Dressing: Whisk Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, Dill, Lemon, and Pepper in a small bowl until smooth and creamy!
Salad Ingredients: Cut all vegetables into small dice, and place them in a large mixing bowl.
Assemble Canned Salmon Salad: Add Canned Salmon, Diced Vegetables, and Salad Dressing to a large Salad Bowl. Toss well and enjoy!
Serve inside a Pita Pocket, over Mixed Greens, or with good crackers.
This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for several days. Store in a tightly covered container.
Keywords: Salmon, Mediterranean Diet, Anti-inflammatory Diet, Seafood Salad, Canned Salmon Salad Recipe