This delicious Chickpea Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette will top your Mediterranean Diet recipe rotation. I heaped it over chopped baby kale for some extra nutritional punch!
The type of mustard I use in the salad dressing makes this Mediterranean Chickpea salad extra delicious! The Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Honey Mustard is sweet and tangy and adds full flavor to the salad. It’s a nice contrast with the crunchy vegetable and creamy chickpeas.
I discovered this mustard about 15 years ago, and it is a family favorite. When my Dad was alive visiting me in California, I made his salad with this dressing, and he loved it so much I had to send him a case of this mustard. It’s that good! And it’s naturally gluten-free! I am using this Vinaigrette today with a chickpea salad, which is also wonderful poured over various salads.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Italian Parsley
- Red and Yellow Peppers
- English Cucumber
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Baby Kale
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Olive Oil
- White Wine Vinegar
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Honey Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
The Magic of Chickpeas
Chickpeas, or Garbanzo Beans, are nutrient-dense, delicious, and full of healthy fiber. They are approximately 60% carbs and 40% protein with lots of soluble fiber, which is good for the heart and digestive health! We eat them several times a week in various salads. I love how filling they are, and they sustain me from lunch until dinner. 1/2 cup of these little wonders is about 135 calories.
Chickpeas are very popular in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Cooking and for a good reason.
Serving Suggestions for the Chickpea Salad
- Serve with roasted chicken or shrimp
- This is a great buffet option along with our Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken recipe.
- This is excellent served over chopped romaine lettuce
- Great for a Picnic in a glass jar
Other Ways to Eat Chickpeas
- Falafel (my favorite)
- Hummus with various spices
- Toasted in the Oven with Garlic
- Chickpea Stew
How to Make This Easy Chickpea Salad
- Cut the Red and Yellow Bell peppers into a medium dice
- De-seed the English Cucumber and cut it into half-moons or medium dice
- Cut the Cherry Tomatoes in half
- Toast the Pumpkin Seeds over dry heat
- Give the Kale a rough chop
- Drain, rinse, and dry the Chickpeas
- Assemble all the ingredients and toss them with the Vinaigrette
How to Make the Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
1/2 cup good Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
1 heaping Tablespoon of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Honey Mustard
Juice from half a Lemon
1/2 Teaspoon Cracked Black pepper
Whisk until silky and smooth! Pour over the salad and enjoy!Print
Delicious Chickpea Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Delicious Mediterranean style Chickpea Salad with a bright Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Mediterranean Diet
- Diet: Vegan
- Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)- 1 can
- Italian Parsley – 1 cup
- Red and Yellow Peppers – 2 whole peppers
- English Cucumber – 1 large
- Cherry Tomatoes – 2 cups
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
- White Wine Vinegar – 2 Tablespoons
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Honey Mustard – 1 heaping Tablespoon
- Pepper – 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 –4 cups of baby Kale or any green of your choice
- Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Italian Parsley – Chop parsley
- Red and Yellow Peppers – cut into medium dice
- English Cucumber – de-seed and cut into half moons or a large dice
- Cherry Tomatoes – cut in half
- Baby Kale – give kale a rough chop
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds – Dry toast until lightly golden, about 3 minutes (shake pan occasionally while toasting)
Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Squeeze lemon over the salad, toss with dressing (recipe below), and enjoy!
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Combine 1/2 cup Olive Oil, 2 Tablespoons of White Wine Vinegar, and a heaping Tablespoon of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Honey Mustard. Add cracked black pepper and whisk until smooth. Combine with Salad ingredients.
*A good Dijon Mustard would also be delicious if you can’t find the Sierra Nevada Mustard.
Keywords: Chickpea Salad, Mediterranean Chickpea Salad,