This Healthy Easy Pumpkin Pie, Overnight Chia Pudding Recipe, is delicious and full of FALL FLAVOR.
Meal Prep in 5 minutes and wake up to a lovely, healthy breakfast your family will LOVE.
No cooking is required!
As soon as September begins, I start feeling all the Fall vibes. One of the best things about Fall is Pumpkin. Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pie, and all things healthy Pumpkin. We live in Sonoma County, and we love to go to many pumpkin patches every year with the kids! This recipe is a fall-forward twist on Overnight Chia Seed Pudding.
This simple breakfast delivers all the pumpkin fall flavor.
While Pumpkin Chia Seed Puddings are perfect for Fall, they are delicious any time of year. If you love Chia Breakfast Pudding, we have several on the blog. Check out our Mango Chia Seed Pudding and the delicious Cherry Chia Seed Pudding.
Why You Will Love This Pumpkin Pie Chia Recipe
- This recipe tastes like healthy Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin, Cinnamon and Warm Vanilla Flavor
- It’s an EASY meal prep breakfast
- It could also be a delicious dessert.
- Chia Pudding Recipe is Naturally Vegan and Gluten-Free
- Very satisfying with a drizzle of Almond Butter
- It’s the perfect, healthy breakfast
- Chia Seeds are naturally rich in healthy fatty acids and fiber!
Ingredients for this Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Chia Seeds (black chia seeds or white chia seeds)
- Canned Pure Pumpkin Puree – Unsweetened
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk – I love Almond Milk, but any plant-based milk would work.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – Pure vanilla extract
- Pure Maple Syrup – I used real maple syrup.
- Almond Butter – for drizzling on top
How to Make Overnight Chia Pudding – Step by Step Instructions
Here are some quick visual instructions. The full recipe with the exact ingredients is in the Recipe Card below.
Step 1 –
Measure out all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Step 2 –
Whisk Chia Seeds, Canned Pumpkin, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Sea Salt, and Almond Milk until smooth and creamy. Make sure all the Chia Seeds are blended with the Almond Milk.
Step 3 –
Store overnight in a tightly covered glass container. Serve in the morning. You can blend in a high-speed blender if you desire a smoother Chia texture without visible seeds.
- Serve with your ‘favorite topping’.
- Delicious served in small mason glass jars with homemade almond granola and a drizzle of almond butter
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds or pumpkin seeds
- Layer with Yogurt for a Parfait
- Serve as a Dessert with a Crumble Topping
- Blend with Ice and Almond Milk for a Creamy Smoothie
- This is a lovely breakfast Bar or Brunch Recipe.
RECIPE TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- You can also use Peanut Butter instead of Almond Butter.
- Leave out the Cinnamon if you prefer.
- Dairy Milk is an option, or any milk of choice
- Add Pumpkin Spice for a Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding
- Any non-dairy milk will work perfectly, such as oat-milk
- If you prefer your Chia Pudding Smooth, blend it before refrigerating.
- Add a Tablespoon of Chai Spice and have a Pumpkin Spice Chai Pudding!
Trouble Shooting Tips
If you’re having trouble getting your chia pudding to set or turn out correctly, something could go wrong. Here are a couple of tips that might help!
- Check your seeds – as mentioned above, older chia seeds might not absorb liquid either, so make sure you have fresh seeds!
- Stir before letting sit – before you place your chia pudding in the refrigerator to set up, make sure you give it a good stir! I like to stir initially and then a second time about 5-10 minutes in. This breaks up any clumps of seeds and ensures all seeds aren’t resting on the bottom with the liquid on top!
- Add more seeds – if your chia pudding isn’t thick enough, add more chia seeds and let it sit a bit longer!
Chia Seed Pudding – FAQ
Like all the orange squashes, Pumpkin is full of beta-carotene, vitamins, and minerals, not to mention fiber. Pumpkin is anti-inflammatory and also has antioxidants and phenolic compounds.
Chia Seeds are rich in healthy Omega 3 fat and full of fiber. They are also full of protein.
You can use any milk of choice, including Almond, Dairy, Oat, Soy or Almond. Coconut Milk may leave a slight taste of coconut.
If your Chia Pudding is too thick, add a few tablespoons of Almond Milk to thin it. Whisk and serve!
Thanks for stopping by Delectable Food Life. I hope you enjoy making this Healthy Pumpkin Chia Pudding Recipe! If you loved it, please leave a 5-star Review, which helps my readers when they visit.Print
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding Recipe – EASY!
This Healthy, Easy Pumpkin, Overnight Chia Seed Pudding Recipe is delicious and full of fall pumpkin flavor.
Meal Prep in 5 minutes and wake up to a lovely, healthy breakfast your family will LOVE!
No cooking is required!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Total Time: 8 Hours, 5 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Anti-inflammatory Diet
- Diet: Gluten Free
Chia Seeds – 8 Tablespoons (black chia seeds or white chia seeds)
Canned Pure Pumpkin Puree – 1 Can Unsweetened
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk – 2 Cups
Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon – 1 Teaspoon
Pure Maple Syrup – 3 Tablespoons
Almond Butter – optional for drizzling
Step 1 – Measure out all the ingredients into a large glass bowl.
Step 2. – Whisk Chia Seeds, Canned Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Sea Salt, and Almond Milk until smooth and creamy. If you don’t like the texture of Chia Seeds, blend the mixture in a high-speed blender before storing it overnight. This will give the pudding a smoother texture.
Step 3. Store overnight in a tightly covered glass bowl or airtight container until the next day.
Step 4. Stir Chia Seed pudding and serve with your favorite toppings. We love a drizzle of almond or peanut butter!
Serve with your ‘favorite topping’
Delicious served in small mason jars (small glass jars) with homemade almond granola and a drizzle of almond butter. You can also serve it with yogurt and chopped nuts.
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Chia Seed Pudding, Chia Seeds