This chunky, Thai spiced gluten-free granola recipe is extra special with Sunflower Butter and warming spices! You could also use peanut butter. It comes together quickly and stores well in the freezer.
Thai Spice Gluten-Free Granola Recipe
This chunky Gluten Free homemade granola recipe is packed with Thai spices and nutrition! It’s flavorful and chunky enough to eat as a travel snack or with your favorite milk. I love my granola to have some heft, and this recipe hits the mark. Store-bought granola is filled with un-friendly ingredients like ‘natural flavor.’ Granola is so easy to make and stores well in the freezer. I love to make different varieties. It’s delicious with milk, sprinkled on smoothies, and eaten straight up. We are headed to Miami soon, and I am prepping my travel snacks now. I am also bringing Overnight Oats.
Why is this Granola Gluten-Free?
I made this granola gluten-free using old-fashioned gluten-free oats. However, you can also make this with regular oats. I have been gluten-free for over ten years after suffering from digestive issues. I also had Hashimotos Thyroiditis and my Naturopath recommended I go Gluten-Free. Once I went off gluten, all that resolved. My husband laughs and says, “He now eats all the gluten’. We heard this comedian a few years ago who had been told by his doctor to go off gluten, and he said, “I don’t know what gluten is, but it’s in everything!”. Most of the time, you can’t tell if something is gluten-free. Oats are labeled gluten-free if produced in a factory without cross-contamination from gluten(wheat, etc.). They look and taste the same.
Ingredients in Thai Spiced Gluten-Free Granola Recipe
- Sunflower Butter – You can also use almond butter or peanut butter.
- Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats – You can also use regular old-fashioned oats if you are not gluten-free.
- Coconut Flakes – unsweetened and delicious. These add to the Thai flavor of the recipe.
- Maple Syrup – I love the light golden flavor of maple.
- Ginger – Healing Ginger is in this recipe and adds to the spicy goodness. Ginger is a known anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Cinnamon – I love cinnamon.
- Cardamom – Another delicious Thai ingredient for our spicy blend.
- Vanilla – Mom says everything sweet needs a little vanilla
- Sunflower Seeds – just enough to add some additional protein and crunch.
- Sea Salt – To balance the sweetness.
How To Make Gluten-Free Granola
- I used a large wooden bowl to assemble my ingredients. Mix up the sunflower butter and maple syrup first. Add your spices and salt and combine thoroughly.
- Add your seeds, oats, and coconut. Spread out evenly in a large baking pan covered with parchment paper. Pat the granola down. Press the granola onto the pan. Place pan in a 325-degree oven for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- When granola is golden brown, remove from oven. Let cool completely before removing so it stays chunky. Enjoy!
Thai Spiced Gluten Free Granola Recipe
Gluten-Free Granola with Sunflower Butter and Thai Spices
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20-25
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
1 cup Sunflower Butter
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 cups Old Fashioned Gluten-Free Oats
2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
Mix Sunflower Butter with Maple Syrup until thoroughly combined. Add spices and mix well. Then add the oats, seeds, and coconut. Combine well and spread out over a large baking sheet covered with parchment. Flatten the granola into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a 325-degree preheated oven. Check carefully so as not to burn. Granola will be golden brown. Remove and let cool completely before breaking it into chunks.
Serve with the milk of your choice or alone as a delicious snack! I store it in the freezer and love snacking in it ice cold!
Options – Add a few tablespoons of ground flaxseed to the granola after it is cooled. Flaxseed is best eaten raw.
This is a perfect travel snack. It is also delicious over a Smoothie or Smoothie Bowl.
Keywords: #Gluten-Free Granola, #Thai Spiced Granola