Sonoma County has some of the largest Lavender Blooms outside of Provance. Steve and I went to several on Saturday. So beautiful! I came home inspired to re-create my favorite drink, the Lavender Mojito, into a refreshing lavender mojito mocktail recipe. This delicious drink’s magic of muddling fresh mint and lime is sublime!
Why I LOVE Lavender Mojitos
I have always loved the taste of lavender. Lavender honey gelato is one of my favorite desserts; my daughter buys it for me on my birthday. Also, we live near several Lavender gardens like Matanzas Creek Winery in Bennett Valley Sonoma, Monte Bellario di California, and Bees and Blooms. We love photographing the entire summer bloom. June and July are peak Lavender seasons. It’s great to see and smell the heavenly lavender and extend the day by coming home and making a delicious Lavender Mojito Mocktail!
Muddling the Lavender Mojito Mocktail
- Muddling the mint and lime releases all the delicious flavor
- Crisp and refreshing mocktails are a great way to drink without alcohol, and virgin mocktails are in style!
- Easy and fast to make
- Perfect for entertaining!
- This is a beautiful non-alcoholic drink for a Wedding or Baby Shower, along with the usual champagne or prosecco.
- If you prefer a Lavender Mojito Cocktail, add 1 1/2 ounces of rum or vodka instead of sparkling water.
Of course! Instead of sparkling water, add 1 1/2 ounces of vodka or rum.
The Mojito is originally from Cuba. I am originally from Miami, Florida, which is close to Cuba, and they drink a LOT of Mojitos in Miami!
Mocktails can be a great way to lower alcohol intake and feel like you are part of the party! A lower-sugar mocktail is a great choice; the fresh lime and mint offer Vitamin C and antioxidants. People drink a lot of wine here in the Wine Country, but I find all my friends enjoy winding down with a delicious mocktail. It’s thirst-quenching and helps to lower your overall alcohol intake.
Yes! Also, this would be an enjoyable drink to serve at a baby shower.
A lavender mojito mocktail keeps all the fresh mint, lavender, and lime flavors found in a mojito and removes the alcohol. Mocktails are in vogue now, and we feature many of them here at Delectable Food Life. My Lava Flow Pina Colada Mocktail is my most popular recipe on the blog.
Muddling is a bar technique to mash and release all the delicious and subtle flavors of herbs and ingredients in cocktails and mocktails. You can muddle citrus and herbs to extract their essence.
Lavender Mojito Ingredients
- Lavender Syrup (we used Sonoma Syrup Company, Lavender Infused)
- Fresh Mint (never dried)
- Sparkling Water
How to Make a Lavender Mojito Mocktail
Step 1- Muddle Your Mint and Lime
Muddle your mint and limes, releasing all the oils and flavors in the bottom of a tall, sturdy glass. You can purchase a muddler in specialty shops or bar stores.
Step 2 – Add the Lavender Syrup
Add the Lavender Syrup to the glass with a cup of ice. Pour in sparkling water, garnish with fresh limes, and enjoy!Print
Refreshing Lavender Mojito Mocktail Recipe
Delicious, refreshing, and unique! Muddled Lime, Lavender, and Mint combine beautifully with sparkling water to create this refreshing Mocktail! You can substitute sparkling water for vodka or rum for a cocktail.
Perfect for weddings and baby showers!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Muddling
- Diet: Vegan
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 2 Limes
- 1 cup ice
- 2 Tablespoons Lavender Syrup (or less, I often make mine with one tablespoon)
- 1 cup Sparkling Water (We used Pellegrino)
- Muddle mint in the bottom of tall, sturdy glass with two limes cut into quarters. This will release all the flavors and oils.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Lavender Syrup.
- Add One Cup of Ice
- Add Sparkling Water.
- Stir and garnish with fresh mint and lime!
*If you like a brighter ‘lime taste’ add the juice of 1/2 lime after muddling.
* This can become a cocktail by omitting the sparkling water and adding 1 1/2 ounces of Vodka or Rum.
- Serving Size: 8 ounces
Keywords: Drinks, Mocktails, Lavender Mojito, Lavender Mojito Mocktail