This heavenly Homemade Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread with only six ingredients is creamy, chocolaty, and decadent. This is an easy recipe you can make at home in your high-speed blender and microwave. Serve with good bread or spread on crepes or pancakes for breakfast. An excellent addition to your holiday breakfast buffet!
This healthy homemade Nutella recipe is both gluten-free and vegan! You only need a handful of ingredients, and it’s simple to make. It’s very popular and for good reason! If you need more Fall Desserts, try our Buttery and Thick Chocolate Chip Bars or our Irristable Monster Cookies with M&M’s.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this amazing Easy Homemade Recipe for Nutella.
- Blanched Roasted Hazelnuts
- Cocoa Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Coconut Cream
- Maple Syrup
- 5 Squares Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate
- This recipe can be made with dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
- You can use honey instead of maple syrup
How To Make Homemade Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – Step-by-Step Instructions
Step 1 – Preheat the Oven to 325 F. and Roast Hazelnuts for about 10-15 minutes until they are fragrant. The roasting softens the hazelnuts and helps release their natural oils.
Step 2 –
In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend hazelnuts until entirely smooth, add brown sugar and coconut cream, maple syrup, and pulse for one minute.
3. Add brown sugar, coconut cream, and maple syrup to the ground hazelnuts and pulse for one minute.
Step 4. Melt milk chocolate in a microwave. Heat for up to 30 seconds. Once the chocolate is melted, add the melted chocolate to a high-speed blender or food processor with the cocoa powder hazelnut mixture.
Blend the chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined and has a creamy consistency. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container.
Recipe Tricks & Serving Tips
- Buy raw hazelnuts for best results. Many health food stores offer hazelnuts, and they are readily available online.
- You can use maple syrup, honey, or date syrup for this recipe.
- Homemade Nutella is delicious on Crepes – my favorite!
- Spread Chocolate Spread on a cake layer or on pancakes.
- Add a tablespoon to a Smoothie-yum!
Store the Homemade Nutella Recipe in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks or in the refrigerator for 8 weeks.
Additions and Substitutions
- You can use almost any sweetener in this Hazelnut Chocolate Spread. White sugar can replace brown sugar, and honey can replace the maple syrup.
- If you can’t find hazelnuts, you can make this recipe with almonds, although the taste will differ.
FAQ’s For This Healthy Nutella Recipe
If you check the Nutella Website it says the original recipe was created around World War 2. Chocolate was har to come by so this recipe stretched cocoa further and began this imaginative treat.
You can store your homemade Nutella in an airtight container, unrefrigerated for up to 4 weeks, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. It will harden in the fridge.
This witty article from the Irish Times says it all – serve Nutella Recipe on good bread, in ice cream, or straight from the jar. It’s hard to resist this ganache-like creation. It’s delicious on crepes and pancakes.
I hope you loved this DIY Nutella Recipe and didn’t eat the whole jar in one sitting! Smile… If you make it, leave a rating so I know you liked it.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy!
How To Make Homemade Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
This heavenly Homemade Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread will be a mainstay of your holiday season and throughout the year! Creamy, chocolaty, rich and addicting! Serve over ice cream, on crackers or cookies, or spread on bread for breakfast.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25-30 Minutes
- Yield: 1 and 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
You will need the following ingredients to make this amazing Homemade Chocolate Spread.
1 cup blanched, roasted hazelnuts
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut cream
2 tbsp maple syrup
5 squares of dark chocolate or milk chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 325F and roast hazelnuts on a Baking Pan for 10-15 minutes. It helps soften them and release the natural oils.
2. In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend hazelnuts until smooth. Once smooth, add brown sugar, coconut cream, and maple syrup, and pulse for one minute.
3. Melt milk chocolate in a microwave. Heat for up to 30 seconds. Once the chocolate is melted, add the melted chocolate to a high-speed blender or food processor with the Hazelnut Cocoa Mixture. Blend the Nutella homemade chocolate mixture until it has a creamy consistency. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container.
Helpful Tip – Start pulsing the mixture before setting the high-speed blender on high.
Store in an airtight glass container on the counter for up to 30 days and in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. It will harden in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Homemade Nutella Recipe, Easy Nutella Recipe