Are you looking for a fun treat to make people smile? These EASY Chewy and Buttery Gluten Free Monster Cookies truly are irresistible! They are extra-large oatmeal cookies brimming with chocolaty flavor and come together quickly. Your kids, big and small alike, will love these!
Monster Cookies are so much fun to make! This cookie attracts attention as, after all, who doesn’t like M&M’s? First, they are huge and dazzling with all the colors, and each bite packs a chocolatey, chewy punch. We made so many we delivered some as gifts to our neighbors and sent the rest with Steve to work!
I am always excited to deliver my readers a delicious gluten-free cookie recipe. First, it’s a bit challenging being gluten-free in a world surrounded by gluten. Having an easy cookie recipe that works every time is such a relief. If you want to learn more about a gluten-free diet check out our Gluten-Free Living Section on the blog.
What Makes These Gluten-Free Monster Cookies Special?
- You can’t tell they are gluten-free. They are just delicious cookies!
- Simple ingredients
- Chewy Texture
- Full of Chocolate Candies
- It’s a sweet treat
- They are a great recipe for Halloween Parties.
- Very versatile
- Fun Treat for Fall
Just a few simple ingredients
How To Make Gluten-Free Monster Cookies
Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt Butter in a saucepan and Cool.
- Whisk cooled Butter, Eggs, Sugar, and Vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Mix Gluten-Free Oats, Gluten-Free Flour, Salt, and Baking Soda in a large bowl.
- Combine Wet and Dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add M&M’s. Combine well. The Monster Cookie Dough will be sticky and thick!
- Using a 1/4 cup spring-loaded cookie scoop, make 12 cookie dough balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon liner. Bake in the middle rack for 15 minutes until light golden brown.
- Notes -For best results, do not overbake; they will continue to firm up as they cool. Let cool to room temperature on the baking sheet until moving them to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Tips for the Perfect Chewy Monster Cookies
- Do not overbake the cookies. When they are very light golden brown, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet.
- Use Old-Fashioned Oats rather than quick oats. I love Bob’s Red Mill Certified Gluten-Free Oats.
- When measuring flour, scoop flour and level with a knife.
- When melting the butter, melt it over low heat and bring it to room temperature before mixing it with the eggs and vanilla.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s important to note that not all oats are gluten-free. Always look for the Gluten Free label on the Oats. Cross-contamination can occur if oats are manufactured in a facility where wheat is used. People with Celiac Disease need to pay careful attention to cross-contamination. We always use Bob’s Mill Certified Gluten-Free Oats.
The total M&M ratio is 2 cups of candy in this recipe. You can replace some of the M&M’s with Chocolate Chips if desired. For example, you can use one cup of M&M’s and one cup of chocolate chips.
Thanks for stopping by Delectable Food Life. If you make this recipe, we always appreciate your 5-star review.Print
Irresistible Gluten Free Monster Cookies – Chewy and Buttery
These EASY Chewy, and Buttery Gluten-Free Monster Cookies truly are irresistible! These extra-large oatmeal cookies are brimming with chocolaty flavor and come together in 10 minutes. Your kids will love these! No paddle mixer required.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 15 Cookies
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Old Fashioned Gluten-Free Rolled Oats – 3 Cups (For best results do not use quick-cooking oats)
Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour or Cup 4 Cup Flour – 3 Cups
Regular M&M’s or Mini M&M’s – 2 Cups
Light Brown Sugar – 1 Cup
White Sugar – 1/4 Cup
Pure Vanilla Extract – 2 Teaspoons
Baking Soda – 1 Teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 Teaspoon
Eggs – 2 Eggs
Unsalted Butter – 1 and 1/2 Sticks (18 Tablespoons)
Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees F.
1. – Melt Butter in a saucepan and bring to room temperature. For best results, melt butter slowly so as not to burn it.
2. – Whisk cooled Butter, Eggs, Sugar, and Vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
3. – Mix Gluten-Free Oats, Gluten-Free Flour, Salt, Cinnamon, and Baking Soda in a large bowl.
4. – Combine Wet and Dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until well blended.
5. – Add M&M’s. Combine well. The Monster Cookie Dough will be sticky and thick!
6. Using a 1/4 cup spring-loaded cookie scoop, make 12 cookie dough balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon liner. Bake in the middle rack for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown.
Notes -For best results, do not overbake; they will continue to firm up as they cool. Let cool to room temperature on the baking sheet until moving them to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Cookies, Gluten-Free Monster Cookies