This delicious Mayo Free Tuna Pasta Salad contains colorful veggies and flaky albacore tuna, perfect for lunch or a barbecue side salad. It’s a Mediterranean Diet Gluten-Free Pasta Salad that you will make often!
Healthy Summer Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
This mayo-free tuna pasta salad is fresh, healthy, and perfect for a warm-weather party! It’s satisfying and perfect for meal prep, full of albacore tuna and a lemony mustard vinaigrette. There is flaky tuna and crunch in every bite! Also, tuna is a rich source of protein and heart-healthy Omega 3 fat. This is an excellent choice for an anti-inflammatory diet. We love our Tuna and Salmon Salads here at Delectable Food Life!
What Makes This Tuna Salad So Delicious
- It has tender pasta – I used Barilla Gluten Free
- It has a bright, fresh lemony mustard vinaigrette
- It’s an EASY recipe that is deeply nutritious!
- Perfect for summer months, parties, and barbecues
- Great for Meal Prep!
- Perfect for a Picnic!
Ingredients for Tuna Salad
- 2 Cans Water Packed Albacore Tuna – I used Wild Planet
- 2 Cups Red Cabbage
- 1 Whole de-seeded English Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 3 Tablespoons drained Capers
- 2 Cups Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Cups Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Small Jar of Artichoke Hearts
Ingredients for Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey or Agave Nectar
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Tuna Pasta Salad without Mayonnaise
Step 1 – Assemble Ingredients
Step 2 – Make the Pasta and Prepare the Veggies
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Halve the tomatoes and cut all the veggies into medium dice.
- Chop the parsley and basil
Step 3 – Assemble all Ingredients in a Large Bowl
- Drain the chickpeas and the tuna. My cat loves tuna juice and was very happy!
Step 3 – Assemble the Salad
Toss all ingredients with the Salad Dressing in a large bowl. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend approximately 10 minutes until pasta is al dente.
This would be delicious with feta cheese!
You can store this salad in the refrigerator for four days in an airtight container. This is an EASY meal prep lunch!
Full of healthy protein and Omega 3 fat, tuna is an excellent source of nutrition.
Variations on Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
- Add hard-boiled eggs
- Add 1/2 cup of pine nuts or pistachio nuts for extra crunch
- Add 1 cup of celery
- Add black olives instead of capers
Serving Suggestions for this Great Recipe
- Serve with a bowl of Garden Vegetable Soup
- Serve in a glass jar and take on a picnic
- Serve at a Barbecue or Potluck
Other Healthy Salads You Might Enjoy
- Easy Canned Salmon Mediterranean Salad – This is a family favorite!
- Grilled Corn Avocado Salad with Lime Vinaigrette – Delectable Food Life – Great side dish for a Barbecue!
- Delicious Chickpea Salad – Perfect with Soup
Healthy Mayo Free Tuna Pasta Salad with Vinaigrette
This mayo-free tuna pasta salad is fresh, healthy, and perfect for a warm-weather party! It’s satisfying and perfect for meal prep, full of albacore tuna and a lemony mustard vinaigrette. There is flaky tuna and crunch in every bite!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Chop Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean Diet
- Diet: Gluten Free
Ingredients for Salad
2 Cans Water Packed Albacore Tuna – I used Wild Planet
2 Cups Red Cabbage
½ Cup Red Onion
1 Can Organic Garbanzo Beans
1 Whole De-Seeded English Cucumber
2 Cups Red Bell Pepper
2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes Cut in Half
10 Fresh Basil Leaves
½ Cup Fresh Parsley
1 Small Jar of Artichoke Hearts
Ingredients for Vinaigrette
½ Cup Olive Oil
Juice of ½ lemon
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Honey or Agave Nectar
½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
½ Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
Step 1. Make the Pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water.
Step 2. Chop the Red Bell Peppers, Cabbage, de-seeded Cucumbers, and Onions into medium dice.
Step 4. Drain 3 Tablespoons of Capers and 1 cup of Artichoke Hearts. Cut Artichoke hearts into bite-size pieces. Drain two cans of Albacore Tuna.
Step 5. Cut Cherry Tomatoes in half and chop the fresh basil and parsley.
Step 6. Make the Vinaigrette by whisking 1/2 cup Olive Oil, Juice of a half Lemon, 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard, 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper, and 1 Tablespoon of Honey or Agave Syrup in a small bowl until smooth and creamy.
Assemble the salad by placing the pasta on the bottom first, then add all the veggies and herbs and combine. Add dressing and gently toss. Break up the tuna on top of the salad and mix. Add additional cracked black pepper.
*I recommend making extra salad dressing to serve at the table. Serve with lemon wedges and crunchy Italian crackers.
Keywords: Mediterranean Diet, Tuna Pasta Salad, No Mayo Tuna Pasta Salad, Gluten-Free