This Epic, Healthy, Delicious, High Protein Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie is made with the freshest strawberries! Satisfying protein with a yummy cheesecake flavor!
Fresh Strawberries Picked Locally
It’s strawberry season, and fields of heavenly strawberries abound. If you have a local farmers market, it’s a great time to check out the fresh fruit. Northern California has many farms; you can spend the afternoon picking fresh fruit. It’s a beautiful activity with the family.
Why Cottage Cheese in a Smoothie?
First of all, I think of cottage cheese as a high-protein superfood. It’s creamy and tangy, and blends beautifully in smoothies and even ice cream. I love the luxurious mouth feel of blended cottage cheese, and it adds creaminess to every sip. Also, if you have been on Tik Tok lately, cottage cheese is a having a ‘moment.’ The protein in cottage cheese sustains you from breakfast to lunch. I often have it with blueberries for breakfast.
I was conversing with my mother-in-law about the importance of breakfast. She usually skips it or makes less-than-healthy choices. She has a sweet tooth, as many do, and I suggested smoothies with a sweet taste but no added sweetener. This Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie is a great breakfast choice that satisfies that sugar craving. What makes it epic is the unique flavor blend and fun element of taking an everyday ingredient like cottage cheese and transforming it into a creamy, healthy, and delectable breakfast!
Ingredients in this Healthy Smoothie!
- Almond Milk or any milk of your choice
- Fresh Strawberries
- Ground Flaxseed – great for Digestive Health!
- Cottage Cheese – I used Lowfat Cottage Cheese.
- Banana – adds Creaminess and sweetness
It’s straightforward. You could also add unflavored collagen protein, as my husband does, if you want even more oomph! He loves Vital Proteins, available in our Supplement Dispensary at a discount!
Health Benefits of this Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- The Ground flaxseed adds lots of anti-inflammatory fat
- This smoothie has lots of digestive-supportive fiber
- High in protein to sustain you in your busy life
- Health Forward plant goodness in the fresh strawberries
- Strawberries are packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C
Strawberries are rich in polyphenols, anthocyanidins, and vitamin C and are brain protective. The Mediterranean Diet and Mind Diet include berries as one of the cornerstone fruits of choice.
They are low in sugar comparatively and pack a huge nutrition and taste punch! This recipe is so good it could be a dessert. The sweetness and tang make it very appealing.
Variations on the Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Use Raspberries and Make a Rasberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Use Ground Hempseed instead of the Ground Flaxseed
- Add a Tablespoon of Peanut Butter (oooh, that made me hungry)
Epic Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
Delicious strawberry cheesecake smoothie tastes like strawberry cheesecake in a glass! The cottage cheese adds protein and creaminess.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 Large Glasses 1x
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Anti-inflammatory Diet
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 cup Almond Milk or low-fat Milk
- 3 cups fresh Strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flaxseed
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Banana
- 2 cups ice
Mix all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Add additional milk if too thick.
I made this for my husband, and it’s his new favorite smoothie!
You could also substitute plain greek yogurt for cottage cheese.
Keywords: gluten-free, strawberry cheesecake smoothie, breakfast,